Thursday, August 23, 2007

New place to live, or favor with our current landlord

Well “finding a new place to live” might not sound like it requires much prayer, but my Dutch room mate and I need either favor with the group that owns our apartment or the favor of God and man finding a new place to live.

We already live where we do by a miracle, and have been told repeatedly it’s impossible to find something this cheap in Rotterdam, and that we’ve been lucky. As a student Joel could find somewhere else to live real easily, but to find an apartment or house in this city, takes time and the waiting list is long. We have to be out of here by November, and that is NOT typically enough time to find our way to the top of a waiting list for an apartment in the city. I know people who it’s taken a year to get an apartment. The fact neither one of us has good “income” (he is now a student), and the fact we’re not a family or married couple makes it really slim chance we’ll be considered ahead of someone who meets the criteria. So tonight, we will already have spoken to the one who decides, and since our apartment is supposed to be temporary for those people off the streets or some kind of transition in their lives, and basically us staying here for the remainder of our year on the lease really doesn’t help our case for being able to stay another year or anything.

We need favor, so please pray because I have enough to do with my responsibilities and Joel with starting school again that we don’t have the time to really search and search for somewhere to live, and the dumpiest apartments are easily twice what we pay now, so we need a breakthrough.

Steve

2 Comments:

Blogger Lina said...

GOOD Day!!
Beginning the day with visiting the blog of blogger because it appeals to a lot to read for case to me is found me in yours.
But with written sorrow I cannot read yours because I do not understand the language, I imagine chisà how many beautiful things you have written. I have three bloh and narrated an other to you I have postato the photos of all my family then that one of poetries
they are not young and therefore step the time writing
You want to visit ilmio blog? of I would be much happy one….I waited for to you….Thanks linen

August 23, 2007  
Blogger Cathy Palmer said...

May the Lord Jesus Christ give you the grace to TRUST HIM with patience and faith BELIEVING that He is able and willing to provide not only a place to live but ALL your needs, Steve.

What's cool about not having any options in the natural sense, is that you HAVE to trust God - lol!

HE'S DONE IT BEFORE AND HE WILL DO IT AGAIN!

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

September 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats